ITI, Arab Ki Sarai, Nizamuddin
Welcome to ITI, Arab Ki Sarai, Nizamuddin
X

election popup

ITI Arab Ki Sarai Nizamuddin

This is one of the oldest & biggest institutes in Delhi, spread in 8 acres area, which is adjacent to India’s famous world Heritage Monument “Humayun Tomb” at Nizamuddin. Institute is having one three story Training Building, three big Workshops, one office block, Open Parks, Play grounds and one three story Hostel Block.

The institute was originally started by the Govt. of India, Ministry of Rehabilitation as ‘Vocational Training Center’ for displaced persons in the year 1948. Its name was subsequently changed to “Training – cum- Work Center” in 1949. The center was transferred to the charge of the Directorate General of Employment & Training, Ministry of Labour & Employment on 22nd May 1958 & renamed as “Industrial Training Institute”. It has been under the Delhi Administration since 1 st March 1961.

Initially, it was started as “Training–cum-Work Centre” which was imparted training of Book Binding, Suitcase and leather goods manufacturing, Carpentry, Plumber, Cutting & Tailoring, Bleaching & Calico Printing, Hand weaving of fancy & furnishing fabric (Textile), Handicraft (Doll Making), and Printing Machine Operator activity etc. After some time Lino - operator, Process Cameraman, Moulder, Mason, Electroplater, Pattern maker, Hand Compositor- Proof Reading and Forger Heat treatment were introduced besides the other running trades to meet the rising demand of skilled worker in the Industries. Apprenticeship Training schemes was also introduced in the year 1964, and it was implemented in this institute to impart the Basic Training & Related Instructions to the Apprentices registered under the Apprenticeship Act-1961 for various Engineering & Non Engineering Trades.

 



First  Previous  1  2  Next  Last
Page No 1 of Total 2 Pages

Chief Minister
               
Social Media Handles
  facebook
  Youtube
  Kooapp
  Twitter
  Instagram
Latest News
Important Links
Last Updated : 11-July-2022